Examples of Household compounds
Post by nattttExamples of household compounds with their chemical formulas:
Posted on 2012-02-09 11:55:06
(1) water - H2O
(2) sodium chloride (table salt) - NaCl
(3) sucrose (table sugar) - C12H22O11
(4) sodium hydrogen carbonate (baking soda) - NaHCO3
(5) calcium carbonate (chalk or marble) - CaCO3
(6) acetic acid (vinegar) - HC2H3O2
(8) ammonia (household ammonia) - NH3
(9) sodium hypochlorite (bleach) - NaClO
(10) sodium hydroxide (drain cleaner) - NaOH
(11) calcium hydroxide (lime) - Ca(OH)2
(12) sodium stearate (soap) - CH3(CH2)16COONa
(13) glycerol (glycerin) - C3H5(OH)3
(14) hydrogen peroxide (antiseptic or bleach) - H2O2
(15) isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) - CH3COHCH3
(16) silicon dioxide (glass) - SiO2
(17) starch (flour) - (C6H10O5)n
(18) nylon - <-OC-( CH2)4-CO-NH-(CH2)6-NH-> n
(19) stearine - candle wax - C18H36O2
(20) teflon - (CF2-CF2)n
Is this example useful?
To share this example, copy and paste this code into your website, blog or forum:
Homogeneous and Heterogeneous mixtures Posted on 2012-02-09 11:53:41Homogeneous mixtures are uniform in appearance. Examples: salt or sugar dissolved in water, mouthwash, perfume, coffee, detergent and water...
Elements and compounds Posted on 2012-02-09 11:46:55Elements are on the periodic table. If it isn"t on the periodic table then it isn"t an element. An element is a single kind of atom that is ...
Homogeneous mixtures Posted on 2011-04-15 11:26:45A homogeneous mixture has the same uniform appearance and composition throughout. Many homogeneous mixtures are commonly referred to as solu...
Heterogeneous mixtures Posted on 2011-04-15 11:22:36A heterogeneous mixture consists of visibly different substances or phases. A heterogeneous mixture is a mixture that is not evenly mixed. ...
Mixtures Posted on 2011-04-15 11:16:54A mixture is when two or more different substances are mixed together but not combined chemically. The molecules of two or more different su...